Welcome! I’m so happy you’ve joined me to check out some of my photos and stories. Perhaps you’re game for some vicarious adventures?
As my friends know, I love to travel and experience new cultures. The travel bug struck me years ago as I adventures solo thru Europe, and more recently in India during the winter of 2010-11. They say there’s a “7 year itch” and it’s been 8 years since my last long travel adventure! So….what does that mean?
It’s time for another adventure! I’m heading off again on October 11th – this time 6 months of solo travel through Southeast Asia! I haven’t been to SEA yet but it’s been tempting me on my bucket list for years. I’m taking a leave of absence from my job, and packing only what fits in my 38-liter carry-on sized backpack!
I’ve got a working itinerary with ideas, and a heart open to new friends, new places, and new adventures I hadn’t even considered. My adventures are likely to include:
- Hong Kong
- Bangkok, Koh Lanta and Thai islands
- Burma / Myanmar
- Thailand – Bangkok, Koh Lanta and Thai islands, and Northern Thailand including Sukhothai, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai
- Indonesia if I have time (I’m optimistic;)
To whet your appetite ~ a sampling of the activities I’m planning:
- 10-day silent meditation retreat in a monastery in a Thai jungle (not a Goenka Vipassana retreat….this is something new for me!)
- Staying overnight in monasteries with the monks
- Snorkeling and other water adventures
- 3-day treks to visit Hill Tribe village people in different areas to see how the natives live
- Lots of hiking, caving, zip-lining, nature, trying new things, exploring, adventuring, and meeting new people!
There are some more EXCITING specific activities planned, but I don’t want to ruin all the surprises. So stay tuned to this blog to find out what I’m scheming up…you’ll love it!
Since I’ll be so busy having fun this winter, I won’t likely be involved with updating a lot of social media (as if traveling is my excuse!).
- Bookmark newideal.net and visit regularly
- Email me – if you want, I can probably manage to bcc: my friends a quick email that says “New blog post about XX! Check it out!”
- I may sometimes do quick status updates on facebook if time and bandwidth permits, even if just to say “check out new blog post”
I may also do quick status updates on facebook if time and bandwidth permits, but most fb updates would just point to new blog posts, so you get all the good stuff here at newideal.net. Bookmark and come back regularly, and see what I’m up to! Use the email address you already have for me, and if not, you can point an email toward adventures -aaht- newideal.net. Email or leave a comment – I’d love to hear what you think!